Thursday, April 25, 2013

Faith / Ship / Summer in Israel




Is anyone of you graduating? What are your plans? And if you are home for the summer would you like to get together? Moria & I would like to do a small group “summer in Israel” study. For July and August, for young adults. We could do Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon for 1 ½ hours. We plan to show 55 pictures every time and (bible) stories to go with them. Let me know what time is good for you. We love to do this so please come You can come just a few times or every time. (there will also be a Wednesday evening group open to everyone)

This Sunday is SHIP Sunday at 7.30 refreshments and 8PM worship. It is in our church (the theater season has begun). The creative team has some great plans to give the church a “coffee-house" look. So come out and meet other young adults.



I love to listen  when I go for a long drive. Not so much to music but more to speakers. I was listening to Dwight Prior the other day about faith/faithfulness.
I have been told that you only have to believe, have faith in Jesus to be saved. But what does that mean? Does it mean if I know it and think it is true?
Did you know that the opposite of faith is not unbelief but disobedience? Makes you think that faith maybe should have been translated faithfulness.


James:  But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?



No comments: